Photo Credit: Runaway Alice Photography
Congratulations and Best Wishes! It’s your Big Day! Here are some things to consider so you don’t miss being in the moment on your whirlwind day.
1. When dressed, fully look at yourself in a mirror. Take in your image from head to toe. Breathe deeply. Look again. Smile!
2. Take time to see your ceremony and reception sites before guests arrive. Make note of the little details.
3. Designate a responsible person to take care of phone calls for you and your groom and handle any urgent matters. Consider having a cellphone free ceremony so your guests thoroughly enjoy the moment and allow the photographer to work without hindrance.
4. Allow yourself the joy of being in the moment throughout your day. Take as long as you need to fully experience the highlights of your wedding and allow the photographer to capture the moment.
5. When you take your first step toward your groom, lock eyes with your beloved. Look at facial expressions and countenance.
6. After being pronounced husband and wife, pause. Take time to look around and see family and friends there to support you. There is no rush to get to the end of the aisle.
7. Look at each other while you dance—make eye contact and connect. The same goes during the father-daughter dance and mother-son dance.
8. Eat snacks and drink water throughout the day. Stay hydrated and nourished.
9. Take time to talk with your guests and hug your parents and other special people during the reception.
10. During the cake cutting, pause so the photographer can get great pictures. Cut a full piece of cake and take time to eat it at your table.
11. When the last dance arrives, look around once more. Take in the feeling of being in each others’ arms, the beauty of the venue, and those who shared your day.
12. As you exit, turn around, wave, smile, and take time to look at the people and venue. Savor the moment as your family and friends wish you well during your departure.